Announcements and Important Events
Do I have to come during my school’s time?
- We recommend those times, but you may come any time between 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm.
How can I pay for my son/daughter?
- Cash, Credit Cards or Checks are the only accepted methods of payment. Checks should be made out to Capital High School in the amount of $20.
Who needs this athletic physical?
- Any athlete who WILL BE a freshman (9th grader) or junior (11th grader) in the upcoming school year.
If I got my physical as a sophomore (10th grader), do I need a new physical?
- YES. IHSAA rules state that all freshman and junior athletes need an updated physical after May 1st in order to be eligible for the upcoming sports.
I just moved in from out of state, do I need a new physical?
- YES. Out of state physicals are not accepted.
Do my parents need to come to the physicals?
- NO. However, the front side of the form must be completed and SIGNED by the parent/guardian at the bottom.
Who receives the money from this event?
- The ADA County Medical Society (ACMS) coordinates this event and donates ALL proceeds back to the high school sports medicine programs.
What’s so special about the pre-participation physical exam day?
- The physical day allows for an in-depth and inexpensive physical. Doctors and specialists in each field, such as orthopedics and cardiology will perform various parts of the exam.
What if I can’t make it to physical day?
- It is your responsibility to find a physician to complete your physical before your sport begins.
I’m only running track, is it okay if I get my physical this early?
- YES. In fact, it’s encouraged that you do it now so you don’t leave it until the last minute and find that you are ineligible on the first day of practice.